PvP faction fighting

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.

Your preffered faction system

Poll ended at Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 pm

order/chaos
No votes
VvV
27%
4 way faction
73%

Total votes: 11

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Simple poll.
Vote for your favorite faction system that UO had.
Possibly a short explanation of WHY you preffered one over the others.
Also which do you feel was the least exploited by players in a gay manner.
(such as blues in guard zone flagging on red factioners whom are allready fighting OJ`s in the 4-way system)

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:51 pm

if there was a "pappy sucked dick at uo" option, I would have partaken in the poll.

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:08 pm

How insightfull and constructive.
You have yet again showed your ability to follow simple instructions in a positive manner.
Have a participation sticker my little paithetic one.

Pulsar [FS]
the Apprentice Baker

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:48 pm

4 way factions was my vote, but it too was flawed. Factions provided deeper narratives to the in-game story, as well as giving more sandbox options to objective based to steal sigils; much more fun than the COD style point capturing of VvV.
Plus the war mounts looked much better than what we have now.

I didn't play much in the Order/Chaos days, but I hear even that was better than the VvV system.

Happy Rage [FS]
the Expert Troll

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Factions.

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Pappy wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:08 pm
How insightfull and constructive
Why does it matter, it's not like this poll means anything.

Bw-LLTS
the Expert Troll

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Pappy wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:39 pm
Simple poll.
Vote for your favorite faction system that UO had.
Possibly a short explanation of WHY you preffered one over the others.
Also which do you feel was the least exploited by players in a gay manner.
(such as blues in guard zone flagging on red factioners whom are allready fighting OJ`s in the 4-way system)
I thought Order/Chaos was fun - but nothing beat original factions.

Story line to go with it - more town interaction - Sheriff and FM - Strongholds made actual "sieges" fun. I use to love those 24 hour sieges - couldn't do it now as an adult...but...

I can't even recall

Killer Bees
Evil Bastages
U/F
Catskills
TSG (LLTS)

Remat - being annoying

Torem....at every fight - but fought as much then as he does now.

Lynk
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:45 pm

How would BW know about faction fights? You couldn't have a house in faction areas, unless you were minax and had a house right at the mouth of the tunnel i guess.

Lynk
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm

4 way factions was not fun. There was always a best faction and others would switch to that one. Wa

Base fights were fucking awful. No one has time fir a 24 hour fight.

Vvv now is fine. Town fights are fun but rewards not that great so hard to get big fights there.

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Lynk wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Base fights were fucking awful. No one has time fir a 24 hour fight.

Town fights are fun but rewards not that great so hard to get big fights there.
Picture this.
Let's say that the `sigil stands` were not in the bases but in the 4-corners of the actual cities that they represent.
That and the timers were not set to ten hours (it was ten hours right and not a day.....my memory fails me)
but more like 2 or 3 hours instead?

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 am

You would just have people hiding in your faction then and guard zone hugging would come back. VvV made everyone orange and was the single best PvP change in recent years.

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 am

Crunch wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 am
guard zone hugging would come back.
Once upon a time the Guard Zones in faction towns were deactivated. This was back when a town in Fel got captured, it would trigger a PVM invasion in the Tram town of the same name. I really don't remember as to what made EA/OSI decide to turn GZ back on.
Anyways, how would you feel about it if they (GZ) were again deactivated in the Faction Towns?

Boom [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Guard zones are "deactivated" in vVv towns. You should come back and hide at the altars on your stealth archer and pop shot people. That would be some UBER fun!

Blazing InfernO [God]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Does it really matter how and where shitlings have to die?

In my opinion there should be NO GUARD ZONE in Felucca.

I would make CHAOS and ORDER and if you join one of these, you can kill ANYONE everywhere, even in Trammel.

If you wear the VVV items ( or chaos and order items or faction items) , many people just stay in Trammel...but wear those...it's not good bois...

If you wear those items you should be attacked 24/7 everywhere.
Ghost form will prevail

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Pappy wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 am
Crunch wrote:
Once upon a time the Guard Zones in faction towns were deactivated. This was back when a town in Fel got captured, it would trigger a PVM invasion in the Tram town of the same name. I really don't remember as to what made EA/OSI decide to turn GZ back on.
Anyways, how would you feel about it if they (GZ) were again deactivated in the Faction Towns?
Because if a red came into town they would get GW. also two of the factions were in cities and people were getting GW for healing greys or reds.

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Crunch wrote:
You would just have people hiding in your faction then and guard zone hugging would come back. VvV made everyone orange and was the single best PvP change in recent years.
I agree. Four way factions was amazing in UO's heyday, but towards the end it was just a drain on pvp. 20 minute stat loss, guard zone hiding, and people faction hopping just made for a retarded system when the game population died down. VvV is far from perfect, in some ways it's outright retarded, but it's definitely a better system for low population servers.

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am

Pappy wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 am
Crunch wrote:
lol that was a weird thing to correlate to. They turned the GZ back on because the event was over lol.

If they took guards out of faction towns it would just be a shittier version of VvV. I stand by my opinion that VvV is the best system of the ones you mentioned. It doesn't hurt to have a discussion about it but it's not going to go anywhere. Pointless discussion, really.

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Crunch wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am
I stand by my opinion that VvV is the best system of the ones you mentioned. It doesn't hurt to have a discussion about it but it's not going to go anywhere. Pointless discussion, really.
I'm not arguing against your `opinion`.... i asked for it.
It's not going anywhere for EA run servers sure. No argument there.
But for a S.A/H.S. era server wanting to implement the `favorited` system....it does.

Stat loss time too long.....easily changed.
Guard Zones turned off in faction towns....also easily done.
Getting VvV codes to work in the emulator....in progress.

I appreciate your feedback actually.
I do wish that you would describe your reasoning as your personal prefference though as to why you like VvV over the other systems.
Was it that fights were in the towns and not the bases? Is it the points so you can gloat if you have more than somebody else?
The guys whom run/code the server have no opinion of any of these systems and will put in place any of the 3.
I was just hoping to get feedback from people whom have played in each and can compare them.
If you feel that it is pointless talking about it, then feel free not to. I'm not stopping you.

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 pm

You're just so beyond disconnected from current day UO that I read all your posts as trolls.

For years VvV has only been popular because it takes GZ out of the equation. Nobody gives a fuck about towns. Everyone is orange now and most of the action is and always will be at yew gate, especially since DSP was ruined

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Crunch wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 pm
You're just so beyond disconnected from current day UO that I read all your posts as trolls.
I never made any claim to be connected with 2017 OSI-UO.
Where the hell did you get the idea in your head that I made such a claim?
If i knew much at all about VvV I wouldn't be asking much about it.

So what i am reading from you is that what you like about VvV is that it basically shuts off GZ.
That and you want "Yew-gate Online" even though it doesn't really have anything to do with question of why you/anyone preffers one system over another.
Thank you for your feedback.

0-chaos/order
3-VvV
8-four way factions