Some Questions

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am

Hey guys I haven't played in years and was just wondering what the best template for farming legendary items and where? I have been asking around and some say with a tamer. If that is the case then is the mage luck suit that is for sell on searchuo in the custom suits a good buy? Also should I use a greater dragon to kill with and which stats should I have on my tamer. Any constructive comments would be appreciated!

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 am

would a sampire be better?

Rabbit [HOT]
the Eldest Elder

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 am

Treasure hunter
120 mage
120 mysticism
120 focus
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
100 mining
60 med

alternatively, you can use taming/lore in the place of mysticism/focus.

Leurocian's mempo, AoF, Bleue jewel set (cleanup points), Lucky charm (talisman.cleanup points). minax sandles (roof drop), fill the rest with 150 luck pieces or else buy 190 pieces from vendors.

Farm Miasma for level 6 maps with Sampire...wear warrior luck set, lucky charm, mempo, sandles, luck statue...15 maps per hours is avg...

Save lvl 7 maps you get from doing the lvl 6's, only do those with a luck statue when it's available to you, rinse and repeat.

Other ways to get legendaries include farming high end mobs for hours on end (Abcess, Rend, ect), or by doing peerless, champ spawns, or the roof.

All in all though, it is a grind to get the good stuff now. Thanks to scripters and botters, the developers dialed down the loot intensities and drop rates a publish or so back, and as a result you won't find stuff like people are wearing now on a regular basis.

Rafman
the Eldest Elder

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:02 pm

So for pvm, the most used templates are:

Sampire. This is good to "tank" stuff and also "kill" stuff with. It can be somewhat expensive to build a suit/get good wpns, depending on how good you want to be.

Tamer is an easier option, though slightly less effective. It's good to kill most stuff, but to kill tougher bosses, you might struggle on a tamer.

Also - the new publish is bringing MASSIVE changes to taming. So everything you think you know about taming today is likely going to change in the next few days. Not sure to what extent it would affect PVM with tamers.

In terms of "where" - a lot of people on Atlantic do Shadowguard encounter every day. You can often even join up with a group there if you're solo and can't do it solo.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Ha rafman I bought a castle from you ages ago!

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 pm

you can ICQ me at 42254535, I can get you some good luck pieces,

But unless you have 10 accounts the best way to farm is a luck suit in shadowguard on a tamer.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:35 pm

that is a nice offer!

Emily_the_Tamer [UWF]
the Apprentice Baker

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm

By far the easiest and most efficient way to get legendaries is the roof/shadowguard. Most people like to use all tamers, as tamed pets are the only things that don't create extra spawn. It can also be done with the sampire, but the sampire must have a good suit and be skilled at the template, or else it falls apart quickly. A solo tamer can't do it, but two can; it's best to have discord, spellweaving, and veterinary somehow between the (at least) two characters.

ICQ me at 634-518-413 if you'd like more in-depth information ^^

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 pm

alright! Did some T6 treasure maps last night no luck on legendary drops...

Rabbit [HOT]
the Eldest Elder

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Galadd wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 pm
alright! Did some T6 treasure maps last night no luck on legendary drops...
Perhaps next time you will have better luck. I will not sugar coat how tedious this farming can be, but the rewards can potentially make it all worthwhile. The key ingredient here is stubborn patience.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah... is there a good website for templates now? i.e. sampire... pvm Tamer? PVP mages..

Rabbit [HOT]
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Galadd wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm
Yeah... is there a good website for templates now? i.e. sampire... pvm Tamer? PVP mages..
Most information is currently outdated on other sites due to changes made with recent publishes. Tamers? You got vet tamers, mystic tamers, mage tamers, necro tamers, spellweaving tamers, dexxer tamers...pick your poison.

PVP mage temps? Pretty much whatever you can think of, as long as you have the gear to make it work.

Modern cookie cutter poison tank
120 wep skill
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
100 poison
80 med
60 tactics (all you need to perform specials now)

Use at least a 20% splintering one handed wep you can poison for main wep, disarm wep for alt, dismount wep for 3rd.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Not running mage weapons anymore?

Rabbit [HOT]
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Galadd wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm
Not running mage weapons anymore?
Yes, people still use them. Splintering mage weps (clean) are difficult at best to find, and near impossible to find with hit spell too. Splinter is one of the only debuffs that allows mages to be competitive in a field of twink templates and speedhacks.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 pm

I didn't even know speed hacks still work

Emily_the_Tamer [UWF]
the Apprentice Baker

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Galadd wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm
Pretty much anything you want to pair with taming works, people do it all. I personally love the bard tamer...120 tame vet lore mage music, and 120 of any bard skill depending what I'm doing...peacemaking is great for actually taming things, discord is awesome for bosses, and provocation has its niche roles.

Tame vet lore eval mage med is popular, or swap vet for weaving, some people even use dexxer tamers. But if I had to recommend one, it would have to be a bard tamer, it's super versatile, especially once you really learn how to take advantage of all it can do.

Galadd
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

So many options!!!! Good thing queen saved all my soul stones with skills....