New Moderator for Public Forums

News pertaining to UO or the Atlantic Shard. Have news? Send a PM to Link!
Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:45 am

I hope everyone will give a warm welcome Norrington as a new moderator on the public forum. He has recently resigned from Stratics, so I thought to ask if he wanted to help out here. He said yes.

Prior to a few months ago I don't believe I have ever spoken to him. While I've only known him a short time, he has a lot of praise put forth over the past few days. By working closely with him I hope to continue the half-decent posting we've seen over the past couple months. The forum rules are not going to be changing and haven't in about 10 years.

I think everyone is enjoying the public forum more than before the cleanup a few months ago. You should all realize you can post all the same PVP smack talk without the unnessary real life stuff that was being flung around before. I want to see this continue as well as open registration up again.

If you ever have a concern about moderation you can always contact me.
UOGuide - Must be a good website if Stratics wants to copy it!

Captn Norrington
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:51 am

Hello Everyone! :)

Texas-Pete [CoW]
the Posting Master

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm

This is almost awkward..

I have an idea for you Link. You have a new Mod and Stratics has some defectors now. How about adding in a regular subforum for those people that don't care to look at the pvp trash talk and the Captn can keep the pvp posts where they belong.

michaelol
the Posting Master

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:00 pm

link get ready to shut down the forums again. also prepare your internet shut down letters.
SoulWeaver wrote:Did I profit off the scams in my past sure did no denying it.
SoulWeaver wrote:One of my accounts was recently "hacked" and or invaded without my authorization.
SoulWeaver wrote:whoever you Fuck You Are Karma's a bitch and will return the favor.

Flutter [FLUT]
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:15 pm

:(
I've been overlooked again...
*tear*

DannyDan [GOD]
the Adept Flamer

Post Thu May 05, 2016 2:37 am

Do we really have to deal with this ******** here now? Seriously?

He was a nazi on stratics ... I have no doubt he will be a 100% cock here...

Myself and other members of this forums, expect some sort of sorry - for the way he has bad mouthed us on the stratics forums...

Unknown
the Posting Master

Post Thu May 05, 2016 4:37 am

LOL this guy really? haha...

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Thu May 05, 2016 1:55 pm

You are going to complain about someone bad-mouthing you on Stratics?

I would like to point out it has been 2 weeks now and none of that end of the world stuff has happened.

Unknown
the Posting Master

Post Fri May 06, 2016 5:02 am

inb4 everyone bm shit new mod is banned

ROAR
the Posting Master

Post Fri May 06, 2016 4:04 pm

DannyDan wrote:Do we really have to deal with this c*** here now? Seriously?

Myself and other members of this forums, expect some sort of sorry - for the way he has bad mouthed us on the stratics forums...
Agreed, link really fucked up.
Blazing InfernO wrote:2 BILLION gold 1vs2 , you fight alone on your stealther , you can use brute , vs me and one other dexer of my guild.
Bane321 wrote: Look at how they will NEVER even admit when one of my jokes is funny.

Captn Norrington
the Novice Poster

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Care to show any proof of me "badmouthing" you on Stratics? You said "us" so clearly you meant you as well. Oh wait, there is no proof to show because it doesn't exist.

If you or anyone else got a warning from me on Stratics you 100% deserved it and will not ever receive an apology for it. I was by far the most lenient moderator on Stratics the entire year and a half I was on staff, and was told so many times by both staff and community members (including people I had just sent a warning or suspended). I let quite literally 100's of minor violations slide that I could have sent a warning for easily. I also would try my best to explain to people why they received a warning when they did, and how to avoid getting another warning in the future. Those conversations sometimes lasted for hours.

If you or anyone else break a rule on this forum while I am a moderator here you will receive a warning for it. That's how moderation works. If you don't want to get a warning, don't break a rule. It's not a complicated system.

DannyDan [GOD]
the Adept Flamer

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Captn Norrington wrote:

Care to show any proof of me "badmouthing" you on Stratics? You said "us" so clearly you meant you as well. Oh wait, there is no proof to show because it doesn't exist.

If you or anyone else got a warning from me on Stratics you 100% deserved it and will not ever receive an apology for it. I was by far the most lenient moderator on Stratics the entire year and a half I was on staff, and was told so many times by both staff and community members (including people I had just sent a warning or suspended). I let quite literally 100's of minor violations slide that I could have sent a warning for easily. I also would try my best to explain to people why they received a warning when they did, and how to avoid getting another warning in the future. Those conversations sometimes lasted for hours.

If you or anyone else break a rule on this forum while I am a moderator here you will receive a warning for it. That's how moderation works. If you don't want to get a warning, don't break a rule. It's not a complicated system.
Fuck off

Captn Norrington
the Novice Poster

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:51 pm

DannyDan wrote:
Captn Norrington wrote:

Fuck off
Just updated my profile picture for you! Pretty cool that is actually one of the pre-set options in the gallery on this site.

Your response proves my point perfectly. You throw insults at someone and then can't back it up with any proof. :)

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Sat May 07, 2016 8:38 am

Captn Norrington wrote:If you or anyone else got a warning from me on Stratics you 100% deserved it and will not ever receive an apology for it.

ROAR
the Posting Master

Post Sat May 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Captn Norrington wrote:
Just updated my profile picture for you! Pretty cool that is actually one of the pre-set options in the gallery on this site.

Your response proves my point perfectly. You throw insults at someone and then can't back it up with any proof. :)
LOL so you want others to prove what they say but you don't have to, interesting, fat retard.
Blazing InfernO wrote:2 BILLION gold 1vs2 , you fight alone on your stealther , you can use brute , vs me and one other dexer of my guild.
Bane321 wrote: Look at how they will NEVER even admit when one of my jokes is funny.

Captn Norrington
the Novice Poster

Post Sat May 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Link wrote:
Captn Norrington wrote:If you or anyone else got a warning from me on Stratics you 100% deserved it and will not ever receive an apology for it.
I said warning in that post, not ban. You never received a warning from me as far as I know :)