Atlantic 2v2 Arena Tournament 10/4 Update

News pertaining to UO or the Atlantic Shard. Have news? Send a PM to Link!
nexed
the Posting Master

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Mr Kyrite wrote:its not that crazy... plus you can still cast blood oath, you can still cast weaken... you can still cast lower lvl spells to counter it till its over...

so instead of kicking sw why dont u just not allow essence of wind

Did you miss the part where I said thunderstorm is fast? I've done it to people in 1v1s your casting goes to complete shit and I can do it again over and over its not that mana intensive, I would be shocked if someone was able to get an essence off.
hotdogsrgrossII wrote: Please, try it. I fucking hack the shit outta the art files. My ogre lords are big happy faces, and if you have less than 60 fire, you show up as a Popsicle.

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Forsaken wrote:
Paithan wrote:I did it because I did not feel like wasting resources on you. You got a few spells off due to your reflect. Then you decide to keep dumping me when i was prot and winding instead of purging or mana vamping. LoL @ that spell play. Then after you potted/appled you cried a bit and recalled. Shit mage is correct.
Paith, you ever wonder why every time you fight me, you run, pot, cry about a bazillion stealthers supposedly around you, go into protection and spam cleansing?

I have the very simple answer-You're bad and in denial. Not only have you died to me myst vs myst, pure vs pure. You've died to Virem on your nox necro. There is no digging out of that hole. You've done nothing to redeem yourself besides play like a bitch and still not get anywhere with it.
Pure... you had scribe I did not... and that was when?

myst vs myst you always call in help or recall away. LoL. It is because you are still below me even when you continued to play and out suit me.

And necro vs mystic... he should win. Countering DP with a box is pretty easy. I actually died due to his DP- that I could not counter with a simple box macro. But mystic should NEVER lose to necro. When we went mystic vs mystic (me with the worse suit, i kicked the shit out of him), no digging out of that hole.

If you think you are better pure- go to test like everyone else that told me they were better did. I will gladly rock you there too.
Bane321 wrote: No? Then show us a picture of your package.
Aeyko wrote: your micro penis is bigger than mine.

Virem [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

I don't think this will work unless the tournament is either;

i. pure mage with rules

or;

ii. full mage template, full resources, no summons, no fields.

Boom [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 pm

The argument for pots and etc depends on the goal of the of the tournament. If the goal is to have a huge tournament then pots and whatever else should be applicable, hence more players would enter due to the assumption of being able to compete aganist the better casters in the game.

Just my opinion.

Forsaken [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 pm

><
Last edited by Forsaken on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kvt
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Updates posted

Keep in mind the rules can change until we finalize everything

Remember this is the first tournament, if all goes well there will be many more with CASH prizes and FREE entry. Future tournaments will be under different rulesets.

On to the updates,

*MAGES ONLY*
No consumables ( Pots, Apples, Petals)
All items allowed for suits
Inscribe allowed
No Forms
No Mana Vampire
No Specials
No Omen bugging

Tournament is scheduled to start on Saturday, September 15
Specific times will be set in the future

Cutter [HOT]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Ani wrote:Casting focus, damage eaters, magic reflect, DP all = gay and not skill.
Agreed, but you forgot massive HPR.
LC wrote:Cutter is better than most here. He keeps refusing my offer to join VIP

Kiwi [MM]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Varrius and I officially sign up

John Clark [Void]
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 pm

and the winners are varius and solus!

Kiwi [MM]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

John Clark wrote:and the winners are varius and solus!

I think we all know that.

nexed
the Posting Master

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

I like these rules.
hotdogsrgrossII wrote: Please, try it. I fucking hack the shit outta the art files. My ogre lords are big happy faces, and if you have less than 60 fire, you show up as a Popsicle.

Ani [GoD+]
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:23 pm

You forgot no DP.
ROAR wrote:[/color]this is why woman shouldn't be allowed to play video games...

Varrius [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 pm

John Clark wrote:and the winners are varius and solus!

We'll get further than you
Diablo thantis wrote:how the fuck did u get my password bitch
Ani wrote:Varrius uses speeders, EUO, multibox and client crash scripts.

kvt
the Novice Poster

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Check the front page for the full list of updated rules
Last update 8-22 9:00 pm CST

Hodgy Beats [SL]
the Novice Poster

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am

SWEET

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 am

Didn't read the whole thread, but is this 15 or 30 SDI?
Sexual PvP, Critical Gaming, Anima-, coolest ninja

kvt
the Novice Poster

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Crunch wrote:Didn't read the whole thread, but is this 15 or 30 SDI?
There is no rule restricting SDI

Varrius [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 pm

I suggest having this take place at an arena in Tram..... people will be throwing shatter pots in fel
Diablo thantis wrote:how the fuck did u get my password bitch
Ani wrote:Varrius uses speeders, EUO, multibox and client crash scripts.

nexed
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree if its done in the arena it should be in tram certain guilds have a habit of throwing shatter pots during duels. But I really hope this won't be in the arena everytime I go one of those I skip like crazy lag city.

Carter730 [N-N]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Having it in tram is ridiculous, half of us wouldn't be able to enter....If you want to make some rule about shatter pot's say that if anyone in your guild throws a shatter pot during a duel the whole guild will be DQ'd. Other than that if its in Tram and not fel myself and about 5 other mages wouldn't be able to attend. So figure something else out :/