3rd Party Program Detection Confirmed

News pertaining to UO or the Atlantic Shard. Have news? Send a PM to Link!
Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:31 pm

If you haven't heard by now, it is confirmed that the recent versions of UO have specific code to detect third party programs, including that scripting one so many people love.

So if you still use them, it might be a good idea to stop using those programs now and hope your account is given a reprieve for stopping before they decide to start actioning offenders.

UOGuide - Must be a good website if Stratics wants to copy it!

Kayne.
the Eldest Elder

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Explain the pic? :(
Kayne approves of this message.
Varrius wrote:I live in Florida now, glad I didn't get my education from here. I definitely need to move before I have a child.
RIP ANDY

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Using a Hex Editor you can look at the client.exe program and see what text it contains. The latest version of the client has the names of cheat programs. I can tell this is a very recent addition because I have UO installed on another computer which hasn't been patched in a month or two and it does not contain the cheat program names.

Hyperion [HEAT]
the Adept Flamer

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:51 pm

the thing true cheaters will do is decompile the exe and remove the snip for that. Then recompile it Same thing people do for disk check.

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Just because we know the detection is in there, does not mean it is known how to bypass it. You simply can't remove the check. There may be a backup function to check that the cheat scanner is in working order. If it isn't then EA knows you are cheating because you removed it.

Misanthrope [LNR]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Does it even matter at this point?

SubzerorE
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:47 am

Not to sound like a royal cheater here or anything lol but does this mean no more using that illegal marco program mainly for vendor stocking, skill gaining, ect? Or UOLoop? Or is this detection for other more serious 3rd party programs? Is there a list somewhere of the programs there watching for?

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:21 am

as far as i know of "cheat engine" aka "CE" is definately on the list
from what it sounds like "that illegal macro program" is also on that list
i have no idea if they are detecting "another illegal macro program" or not
i also have no idea if they are gunning for "UO loop"
from what i have heard there are office apps that can hit macro buttons for you replacing the need for uo loop
or you can just do the low tech version of it and set a hammer on your macro button
[not that you wont still get into trouble if cought afk because thats still a `no-no`]
however none of you run any risk of getting your account banned from getting me a beer so hop to it!
Nexed- wrote:just keep running off screen until rng gets you the kill with moving shot.
Q#617586487

SubzerorE
the Adept Flamer

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 am

Pappy wrote:as far as i know of "cheat engine" aka "CE" is definately on the list
from what it sounds like "that illegal macro program" is also on that list
i have no idea if they are detecting "another illegal macro program" or not
i also have no idea if they are gunning for "UO loop"
from what i have heard there are office apps that can hit macro buttons for you replacing the need for uo loop
or you can just do the low tech version of it and set a hammer on your macro button
[not that you wont still get into trouble if cought afk because thats still a `no-no`]
however none of you run any risk of getting your account banned from getting me a beer so hop to it!
Do you know where I can find the link to read about this macro program, like where the sources came from?

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 pm

SubzerorE wrote: Do you know where I can find the link to read about this macro program, like where the sources came from?
No,i do not,,,,sorry.
Also i`ve heard certain "gaming" keyboards have "repeat macro loops" built in but havent seen it personally or know if those work for UO [think theyre designed for WOW]
Nexed- wrote:just keep running off screen until rng gets you the kill with moving shot.
Q#617586487

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:59 pm

While some WOW sponsored keyboards do allow for macro recording, they are against the WOW TOS to use in-game and will get your WOW account banned.