Returning player, whats the good news?

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Saint Vengeance
the Forum Neophyte

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:06 am

Yo!

I'm considering a return to UO after a looong hiatus (Spellweaving archers oneshotting people in PvP just became the new thing when I left). I've got a lot of questions and hoping maybe to see some familiar faces.

I played mainly on Legends, but I had a mage on Atlantic with HAX (before we all got banned, hence the hiatus). Please don't hate, I barely played and don't know a thing about hacking. Just joined because I had a few friends in the guild and they were dominating champ spawns at the time. My characters were Queen Lady (tank mage), Saints (archer), and Pendragon (dexxer). Can't remember the names for the tamer or mule.

What is the PvP like these days? Champ spawn battles still a thing? Any activity at the fel gates?
How active are the PvP guilds (how many players on average logged in)?

Is Atlantic the only option for decent PvP? I now live in New Zealand, so I'm worried that my ping would be so terrible that Atlantic just won't be an option.

Are private servers a better option?

Are any of these players still around: Cannibal Corpse, Golrath, Malcate, Nexed (or maybe nexus?), Saint Vengeance, and... Crap I just don't remember any of the other names lol.

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 am

I hope Golrath isn't around anymore.