darkfall?

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
zorm
the Posting Master

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:37 am

Anyone gonna play? May 5th

darkfallriseofagon.com
Last edited by zorm on Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forsaken [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Is this like Darkfall 3.0? lol

Deep Balls [DOOP]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Myself and michael dangerous are in

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm

I might give it a shot. I liked the original game.

zorm
the Posting Master

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Forsaken wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm
Is this like Darkfall 3.0? lol
kind of, heh.

It's Darkfall 1, but it's being re-released by a new company with lots of updates.
Deep Balls wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm
Myself and michael dangerous are in
Good. xd
Bane321 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm
I might give it a shot. I liked the original game.
It's a really fun game.

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:40 pm

I was in college when the first one came out. I didn't have a credit card yet, so I asked my grandmother to pay for my subscription on hers and I would give her the cash. I spent about a month farming and working up my char, only for her to not recognize the charge and dispute it, leading to my account being perma-banned. They refused to un-ban it, and I never took it back up after that.

Luckily this time around I have my own credit cards haha.

Master of Alchemy
the Expert Troll

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNVl1FeRB0

It will be fun as fun can be guys!

Microsoft Apples
the Forum Neophyte

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Playing uo with bane is one thing, but darkfall? what a fucking nightmare that would be. God bless anyone that has to put up with him.

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Master of Alchemy wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi Josh

Kayne.
the Eldest Elder

Post Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I want to believe it'll be better and awesome, but I just have 0 faith in anything involving that game now. It was so freaking amazing at first.. then became a trash heap.

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Kayne. wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm
I want to believe it'll be better and awesome, but I just have 0 faith in anything involving that game now. It was so freaking amazing at first.. then became a trash heap.
Yeah, but fortunately the developers realize that themselves, and it seems like they are trying to correct a lot of the mistakes they made.

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/what-were-f ... ary-flaws/

I still think it's going to have some major problems with it, but it seems like the Developers are at least on the right path to making a better game.

Microsoft Apples
the Forum Neophyte

Post Mon May 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Have fun playing new dawn on may 5th. /facepalm

zorm
the Posting Master

Post Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Kayne. wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm
It was originally run by a Greek company called Aventurine. They are undoubtedly pieces of shit. There's a quote by one of their figureheads that goes something like "We have not diverted any of our resources to a Darkfall 2 game." They then proceeded to not patch DF1 for nearly two years and then released Darkfall 2. It was a joke to say the least.

The good news though, is that they did one useful thing and sold the licensing rights. The team in charge of the game is comprised of old Darkfall players and tbh, they've been doing a pretty good job. If you enjoyed the original game, I would suggest you check it out again. After all, there's no box fee and it's only $10 a month.
Bane321 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm
Yeah, but fortunately the developers realize that themselves, and it seems like they are trying to correct a lot of the mistakes they made.

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/what-were-f ... ary-flaws/

I still think it's going to have some major problems with it, but it seems like the Developers are at least on the right path to making a better game.
You linked the more unpopular version of the game. New Dawn has taken the most positive aspect of the original game (PvP) and butchered it beyond repair. You should probably blacklist that site from your browser and head over to darkfallriseofagon.com

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Tue May 02, 2017 7:22 am

zorm wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm
The good news though, is that they did one useful thing and sold the licensing rights. The team in charge of the game is comprised of old Darkfall players and tbh, they've been doing a pretty good job.
Being a former player does not equate a good game designer. And having a different perspective where you can fix issues someone else created is easy. Fixing the issues you create yourself is the challenge. That shows whether you can be a decent designer.

You say there are two different versions of Darkfall and people are getting them confused. Well, this is an issue they caused and could fix but apparently are not.

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Microsoft Apples wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 pm
Playing uo with bane is one thing, but darkfall? what a fucking nightmare that would be. God bless anyone that has to put up with him.
Have you ever played another game with me? How the fuck would you know?

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Tue May 02, 2017 3:31 pm

zorm wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm
You linked the more unpopular version of the game. New Dawn has taken the most positive aspect of the original game (PvP) and butchered it beyond repair. You should probably blacklist that site from your browser and head over to darkfallriseofagon.com
Thought it was the same shit. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention though. I do have this bookmarked as well though

https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/game ... -features/

Deep Balls [DOOP]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm

shut the fuck up ********** fat fuck bane just buy the game and get shit on.

Microsoft Apples
the Forum Neophyte

Post Wed May 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Bane321 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm
Microsoft Apples wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 pm
Have you ever played another game with me? How the fuck would you know?
So you are only terrible to play with on uo? Ya i doubt that.

Master of Alchemy
the Expert Troll

Post Fri May 05, 2017 2:29 am

Mr Kyrite wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 pm
Master of Alchemy wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi Josh
Hi Steven.

Unknown
the Posting Master

Post Fri May 05, 2017 2:45 am

Someone say if its a big joke like the other two.