PVP Template Guide - Updated 3/29/17

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Kinkae Prowlr [MSI]
the Apprentice Baker

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:30 pm

lmao children calm down. everyone knows calamity shardwide. :D
If i wanted your 2 cents, I'd rob you.

Rabbit [HOT]
the Eldest Elder

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:38 am

Calamity-VIP wrote:Kyrite suffers from chronic depression, this is his only outlet to society.

Forgive him, gentlemen.
I thought it was manic depression. Which explains on the cybering...

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 pm

rabbit wrote:
Calamity-VIP wrote:Kyrite suffers from chronic depression, this is his only outlet to society.

Forgive him, gentlemen.
I thought it was manic depression. Which explains on the cybering...
Well it isn't classified as "Cybering" when the other person responds with...

"ew stop saying that to me you are gross"

"youd do what to me? GROSS YOU HAVE NO TEETH SICKO!"

"can u please stop talking 2 me im only 11 quit it"

"havent I already stolen your account? what else do I have to do to tell you I DONT LIKE YOU ON THE INTERNET?"

"wow is this kyrite again? stop making new screennames, especially ones like imnotkyrite23 i dont want to talk to you"

He's just a freak.
Goose wrote: I personally enjoy boasting about my individual PvP skills.
Kyrite wrote:But honestly what competition do you have to weight your skills against?

DevirX
the Novice Poster

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 am

now a days which skills make the best combo for fencer/archer?

sensu is so hot
the PVP Champion

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

:arrow:
The Junglist- I remember seeing your name in game on the training roster and I'm pretty sure that sensu was punishing 99% of everyone on mages in 1v1s that you thought good.
Paithan wrote: All about the aesthetics

Dragkiris [LEGO]
the Posting Master

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 pm

DevirX wrote:now a days which skills make the best combo for fencer/archer?
I would say fencing and archery.
Sir Schmoopy wrote:Gank pics? Every single one of them except zora in arena? Really?
Wow, I must be a fearsome enemy when you post gank pics.

Cutter [HOT]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 am

Calamity-VIP wrote:
Paithan wrote: Good luck getting that spell off. Spell plague is the longest offensive cast. You could get a strangle and a half off in the time it takes to get an SP off.
Are you really saying with my casting ability I couldnt get that spell off? Really?

Not to mention the patented Cutter 'Run around a house real quick and cast' manuever.

L0L.

PS. Is that guy even alive anymore or did he commit suicide?

Lol, I just saw this for the first time. <3

:mrgreen:
LC wrote:Cutter is better than most here. He keeps refusing my offer to join VIP

the Adept Flamer

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:39 pm

What do some of you guys run for Hide/Stealth on a DS ninja? I dont think I can fit 120/100 on my temp.

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Wed May 01, 2013 2:31 am

I think it was Shinobi whom told me 80 was plenty for stealth. I don't offhand remember if i had 80 real skill and used the +5 stealth item (it mighta been +10) or if i used those items to hit 80....(prolly 80 real skill then + items)
course he wasnt trying to PK people but just merely get away with w/e he just gaffled from ya.
Nexed- wrote:just keep running off screen until rng gets you the kill with moving shot.
Q#617586487

Erebos [HOT]
the Forum Neophyte

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Does anyone have any up-to-date melee templates?

ashleyco
the Forum Neophyte

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:23 am

Thats some terrible warrior advice...

zoeyku
the Forum Neophyte

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

god damnit hex did u just correct me u sob?

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:41 am

Liono wrote:one i like to play about with is -

120 fencing
90 tactics
80 nox
70 chiv
120 parry
120 bushido
120 resist

was thinking of dropping resist for weaving, but this temp is a fast hitting char with a HLD42 fc1 20ssi 47 fireball 30DI kryss and a warfork which ive forgotten whats on it.

Strait bleeding, nox fireball hitting spell interupter, only prob i have is a slow connection so people usually get away from me :P

obviously my healing is done through chiv and confidence with pots if i get in real trouble.
Offensively, the most important aspect to group play is keeping people from running, and keeping them from healing (at least in group play). Crazy burst damage comes secondary, unless in like a 1v1, 2v2 situation. Your template is ok at keeping people from healing (nox), but not so much at keeping them from running. Nerve strikes are basically all you have, unless you plan to use a lesser hiryu and riding swipe people. As far as burst damage goes, the template has basically 0 burst damage. The most important aspects to defense are A. Surviving the dismount and B. Surviving the Disarm/Archer gimps. For the dismount, you have basically nothing unless you run a faction horse (even then, they die pretty easy these days), and parry is good against gimps, until you get disarmed. But the most commonly abused combo is the dismount + disarm, and I'm afraid you won't have much chance at surviving it with this template. I'm not saying you can't be any good on this template if you play it well, but it just doesn't have the potential of other templates, such as the 210 stam archer.
To Desa,
Deep Balls wrote:Mike D working out, even he is disabled. He ll punch rigth into your face and probably insta kill u. Fuckin peasent. And he has turbo wheel chair, instead of simple one u shit kunt tard crocodile. Hilarius

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:48 am

Scratch wrote:all you need today is a simple dexxer template with a couple fast balanced bows to spam moving shot and ai's
look around and youll see more than half the pvpers are on archers today and that should give you a clue as to what is killing people.....or you can go with mysticism which is equally gay in the pvp sense since devs never test anything before release and then take 2+ years to fix any imbalances they create.....

make a mysticism archer and get hex's pot throwing script and youll be as leet as they think they are
Lol @ mysticism archer
To Desa,
Deep Balls wrote:Mike D working out, even he is disabled. He ll punch rigth into your face and probably insta kill u. Fuckin peasent. And he has turbo wheel chair, instead of simple one u shit kunt tard crocodile. Hilarius

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 am

Bazooka wrote:I have my stealth d-mount archer in the works as it is the temp I was most familiar with. But I always wanted a DP ninja to play as well (yes I know they are usually a one-shot deal but fun to play).
I'd appreciate any advice as Im having a bitch of a time healing even fighting reg. mobs
*As Im starting out, I don't even have any suits, weaps, etc. Im just asking a basic skill combo question.

Ninja DP Fencer
120 Fence
120 Ninja
90 Tactics
85 Hide
85 Stealth
100 Poison
100 Alchemy

(I'll need jewels, etc to raise stealth/hide to 100)

I took alchemy just for the fun of throwing exp/conflags. But healing is really hard on this temp as I have one way. Any thoughts? Thank you. ~ Bazooka
Raise Stealth to 120 (with items), replace alchy or poisoning with 120 bush, and you're set. If you really can work it out, replace the other one (what's left over from poison/alchemy) with 120 resist.
To Desa,

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:53 am

Dragkiris wrote:
Bazooka wrote:I have my stealth d-mount archer in the works as it is the temp I was most familiar with. But I always wanted a DP ninja to play as well (yes I know they are usually a one-shot deal but fun to play).
I'd appreciate any advice as Im having a bitch of a time healing even fighting reg. mobs
*As Im starting out, I don't even have any suits, weaps, etc. Im just asking a basic skill combo question.

Ninja DP Fencer
120 Fence
120 Ninja
90 Tactics
85 Hide
85 Stealth
100 Poison
100 Alchemy

(I'll need jewels, etc to raise stealth/hide to 100)

I took alchemy just for the fun of throwing exp/conflags. But healing is really hard on this temp as I have one way. Any thoughts? Thank you. ~ Bazooka
Drop alchemy. On a 1tile dexxer your explode pots are going to hit you if they hit the enemy so it kind of takes the point of them away. You only need 80 stealth I think to never fail in medable armor. Poisoning is pretty worthless because no real pvp pvps without carrying cure pots. The only people who dont pot now days are 4/6 chivers and theres very very very few of them around and they can almost insta cure with chiv anyway. But drop alchemy pick up 120 healing (you will still heal a good amount without anat like this 35 dmg i think) then I want to say you can take off poisoning and pick up 100 tracking so if you track targets before you deathstrike them you will do massive damage that way. ( I could be wrong you may want to toy with it on TC before you take my advice tho). Hope that helped.
Poisoning is not useless because of cure pots, it's useless because most people run 50 EP. 80 stealth is not enough, you need 120, and studded armor, not med-able. 55 LMC is key. Also, run a human so you don't need tracking skill. Just use it with jack of all trades.
To Desa,

Bane321
the Eldest Elder

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 am

Holy shit... I just realized I was commenting on 3 year old posts LOL. FML
<---Fail
To Desa,

Boom [EVO]
the Expert Troll

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:24 pm

You are dumb

desa [byc]
the Apprentice Baker

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Boom wrote:You are dumb
i agree

Cutter [HOT]
the Posting Master

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 am

Bushido 120.0 120.0
Ninjitsu 120.0 120.0
Stealth 120.0 100.0
Swords 120.0 100.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Chivalry 90.0 90.0 (could lower this to 70 but higher seems to help cure DP easier, and CW heals more dmg)
Tactics 90.0 90.0

Str 119 170
Dex 74 105
Int 136 173

4/6 casting w/ EP is a must. All you need is a decent Bokuto, Butcher Knife, and Waki.

Best template ever, and I am the best PVP'er on the planet!
LC wrote:Cutter is better than most here. He keeps refusing my offer to join VIP