PVP Template Guide - Updated 3/29/17

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
nexed
the Posting Master

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:53 pm

hotdogsrgrossII wrote: Please, try it. I fucking hack the shit outta the art files. My ogre lords are big happy faces, and if you have less than 60 fire, you show up as a Popsicle.

Link [HOT]
the Legendary

Post Wed May 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Lets try and get this finished up. Someone write up some templates. Looks like several mage ones are yet to be completed.
UOGuide - Must be a good website if Stratics wants to copy it!

Bazooka [N2D]
the Novice Poster

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:32 am

I have my stealth d-mount archer in the works as it is the temp I was most familiar with. But I always wanted a DP ninja to play as well (yes I know they are usually a one-shot deal but fun to play).
I'd appreciate any advice as Im having a bitch of a time healing even fighting reg. mobs
*As Im starting out, I don't even have any suits, weaps, etc. Im just asking a basic skill combo question.

Ninja DP Fencer
120 Fence
120 Ninja
90 Tactics
85 Hide
85 Stealth
100 Poison
100 Alchemy

(I'll need jewels, etc to raise stealth/hide to 100)

I took alchemy just for the fun of throwing exp/conflags. But healing is really hard on this temp as I have one way. Any thoughts? Thank you. ~ Bazooka

Dragkiris [LEGO]
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 am

Bazooka wrote:I have my stealth d-mount archer in the works as it is the temp I was most familiar with. But I always wanted a DP ninja to play as well (yes I know they are usually a one-shot deal but fun to play).
I'd appreciate any advice as Im having a bitch of a time healing even fighting reg. mobs
*As Im starting out, I don't even have any suits, weaps, etc. Im just asking a basic skill combo question.

Ninja DP Fencer
120 Fence
120 Ninja
90 Tactics
85 Hide
85 Stealth
100 Poison
100 Alchemy

(I'll need jewels, etc to raise stealth/hide to 100)

I took alchemy just for the fun of throwing exp/conflags. But healing is really hard on this temp as I have one way. Any thoughts? Thank you. ~ Bazooka
Drop alchemy. On a 1tile dexxer your explode pots are going to hit you if they hit the enemy so it kind of takes the point of them away. You only need 80 stealth I think to never fail in medable armor. Poisoning is pretty worthless because no real pvp pvps without carrying cure pots. The only people who dont pot now days are 4/6 chivers and theres very very very few of them around and they can almost insta cure with chiv anyway. But drop alchemy pick up 120 healing (you will still heal a good amount without anat like this 35 dmg i think) then I want to say you can take off poisoning and pick up 100 tracking so if you track targets before you deathstrike them you will do massive damage that way. ( I could be wrong you may want to toy with it on TC before you take my advice tho). Hope that helped.
Sir Schmoopy wrote:Gank pics? Every single one of them except zora in arena? Really?
Wow, I must be a fearsome enemy when you post gank pics.

roxxor
the Novice Poster

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 pm

magery guide should be fairly easy :P

SubzerorE
the Adept Flamer

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:40 am

I was wondering can you have like a 4/6 chiv mystic tamer template? Using mysticism as ur damage dealer and the chivalry mainly for fast healing/curing, and using a pet. Or are there any Dismount Archer Tamer 4/6 Chiv templates? are either of these worth looking into? I guess I just miss my 4/6 casting lol, trying to figure out if theres a way to keep 4/6 and own without magery. Its to bad necrmancy drops karma or necro/chiv template might be nice. May need more damage tho since I dont know anything about mysticism, if it works like magery but doesnt give u a penalty to your 4/6 casting then maybe you can get away with mystic tamer with 4/6 chiv to rapidly heal pet and urself? Might be fun, 4/6 chiv with 2 pets and mystic or 4/6 chiv with 2 pets and say parry so you can easily solo someone even if there dodging ur pets? Lol

Who knows you could just become a defensive whore able to tank 2+ guys at a time if you had parry, 70 dci, 4/6 chiv + pots and who knows maybe SS? Your sacrificing some offence for more defense but u'd think you would live longer by doing it. With something like that tho you'd prolly rely 100% on pets damage which imo may or may not work, I have no clue since ive never tried it. Technically u dont "NEED" to have archery to dismount especially if ur a tamer, just use a bola. I think a template like that tho may kick ass. It might even fool some people into thinking ur a dexer when ud really have as much INT as possible so u can spam them cures and mainly the 4/6 id say would be for the close wounds. In the time it takes to cast 1 greater heal I think you can get off 2 close wounds? Which comes out to being what, 60+ health healed with close wounds in basically the same time as 1 greater heal that heals for like 40-45? I can't remember exactly cause its been a long time since ive tested it. All I know is back then on my 4/6 nox tank chiv mage I used close wounds when being ganked way more often then that greater heal crap cause it was simply way fast to cast. Since you can have up to 69 points into magery without taking a hit on your FC. Maybe you can get just enough to cast Mini heals with close wounds (close wounds would be ur greater heal)?

Sorry for the long essay but hell, could even try a 4/6 Chiv Parry mage tamer template with only like 69 magery or enough to cast mini heals and stack taht DCI to 70 and as much Ep as u can get. If you know how to play a mage then playin that template shoudlnt be that terrible, not to mention archers will be little bitches if your casting your heals that quickly they won't even be a problem. Basically you'd be standing there healing while ur pets chasing there ass off.

ReaperXXX [RC]
the Expert Troll

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 am

nope 4/6 only exsits with the warrior spell books not mystism necro or magery weaving. i say go mystic mage lik 99.9% of the other mages and do explosion / spell plauge / neither bolt / spell triggered then trash talk like your a good mage!
Reaper

SubzerorE
the Adept Flamer

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 am

ive never been the type of person to trash talk lol.

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

What is spell plague?
Goose wrote: I personally enjoy boasting about my individual PvP skills.
Kyrite wrote:But honestly what competition do you have to weight your skills against?

Pappy [Ni]
the Posting Master

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Calamity-VIP wrote:What is spell plague?
100% pure gayness in a macro.
Nexed- wrote:just keep running off screen until rng gets you the kill with moving shot.
Q#617586487

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Pappy wrote:
100% pure gayness in a macro.
So basically Hypnotic and Rabbit combined into one?

Thats alot of gayness.
Kyrite wrote:But honestly what competition do you have to weight your skills against?

lanman507
the Expert Troll

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Eh' when it first hits hit does 20+ dmg, and then the next few spells that hit after have a chance of mini explodes going off.

It is kind of gay. Super gay when you're fighting a butt load of myst mages yourself...

Decado
the Apprentice Baker

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Can I survive these days on a Tactics Mage with a fork? Or is the only option doing mystic?

If it's Mystic what are the right combo's to use?

Thanks all

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:34 am

lanman507 wrote:
Eh' when it first hits hit does 20+ dmg, and then the next few spells that hit after have a chance of mini explodes going off.

It is kind of gay. Super gay when you're fighting a butt load of myst mages yourself...
Wow so I'd basically just spell plague then Magic Arrow / Fireball spam.

Sounds like the generic 'I'm bad at UO and have no spell-play' template to me.

Mystic is dumb.

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Calamity-VIP wrote:
lanman507 wrote:

Wow so I'd basically just spell plague then Magic Arrow / Fireball spam.

Sounds like the generic 'I'm bad at UO and have no spell-play' template to me.

Mystic is dumb.
Good luck getting that spell off. Spell plague is the longest offensive cast. You could get a strangle and a half off in the time it takes to get an SP off.
Bane321 wrote: No? Then show us a picture of your package.
Aeyko wrote: your micro penis is bigger than mine.

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Paithan wrote: Good luck getting that spell off. Spell plague is the longest offensive cast. You could get a strangle and a half off in the time it takes to get an SP off.
Are you really saying with my casting ability I couldnt get that spell off? Really?

Not to mention the patented Cutter 'Run around a house real quick and cast' manuever.

L0L.

PS. Is that guy even alive anymore or did he commit suicide?

sensu is so hot
the PVP Champion

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Funny thing is im STILL the best mage in UO
The Junglist- I remember seeing your name in game on the training roster and I'm pretty sure that sensu was punishing 99% of everyone on mages in 1v1s that you thought good.
Paithan wrote: All about the aesthetics

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

sensu is so hot wrote:Funny thing is im STILL the best mage in UO
Maybe in some alternate universe you are...

Back to reality.

King Kyrite [HOT]
the Posting Master

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Calamity-VIP wrote:
sensu is so hot wrote:Funny thing is im STILL the best mage in UO
Maybe in some alternate universe you are...

Back to reality.

shut up, you're a terrible east coast mage :(

oh ya i am gonna pull, none of the kills you have ever done on me count card since it was not on my own coast.. dumb bitch
Please nerf rock, he's overpowered. Paper is okay tho.
Yours Truly,
Scissors"

Calamity-VIP
the Posting Master

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Kyrite suffers from chronic depression, this is his only outlet to society.

Forgive him, gentlemen.