Taming in PvP - Issue from last publish

This forum is for all Ultima Online related topics. It is visible and postable by everyone, including guests.
Aeyko [UMAD]
the PVP Champion

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am

So Stratics members are checking these forums looking for threads related to the current situation with pvp and dismounting pets and the overall issue with the last publish in pvp.

Post your comments below for these guys to see that this is an issue. Try to refrain from getting personal. Some of us are actually trying to help get the pvp community back and bring some of our vet players back to OSI from Pestilent and other free shards.

I'll start. First off, pets should not be able to teleport from one screen to another screen onto your character and dismount them. That should not be taking place. I believe an additional reduction in pet damage output as well as NO specials and teleporting of the pet. A revamp of pet casting should also take place in pvp. The max should be 2/6 casting, the same as the players.

Thoughts?

Blazing InfernO [God]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am

I think pets should NOT dismount and should NOT teleport on your tile from two screen away, ridicolous.

Anyways in the between I will start using a tamer soon, adapting since 1997

SoulWeaver
the Expert Troll

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 am

Pets should act like they did before..... and stay the fuck out of PvP.....

its fucking PokeUoMon or just call it Tamers Online, their no more Ultima this year!

Let it be great for PvM leave the PvP world alone.... pretty much how it should be but not going to happen....

It will take another 6 months to a year to re balance what they created.

Lynk [FS]
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am

Mana consumption should be toned down. They should not spam high level spells and specials to totally consume mana in 30 seconds.

Casting should mirror player fc.

Range limitations should also be in effect. I should not be 3 screens away and see FS animation light me up.

Remove 35 dmg AI cap for player owned pets. Treat player oened pets like spawn, no AI cap.

Make slayers available for every pet type.

lastly, and most importantly, devs should completely ignore stratics. Pvp base is extremely under represented because of the following:

We have better things to do than eat bags of dicks and post on a forum all day every day

People like tyrath and malagaste play devils advocate while using incredibly flawed logic. They are such raging morons that you cant help but tell them, then get banned by captain faggington.

Stratics is an echo chamber for aforemention twat waffles. Just ignore the site completely. If the player base cannot be accurately represented then ignore it. That would be like making balance changes by interviewing pwople at ilsh champ spawns.

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

Lynk wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am
Mana consumption should be toned down. They should not spam high level spells and specials to totally consume mana in 30 seconds.

Range limitations should also be in effect. I should not be 3 screens away and see FS animation light me up.

Remove 35 dmg AI cap for player owned pets. Treat player oened pets like spawn, no AI cap.

lastly, and most importantly, devs should completely ignore stratics. Pvp base is extremely under represented because of the following:

We have better things to do than eat bags of dicks and post on a forum all day every day

People like tyrath and malagaste play devils advocate while using incredibly flawed logic. They are such raging morons that you cant help but tell them, then get banned by captain faggington.

Stratics is an echo chamber for aforemention twat waffles. Just ignore the site completely. If the player base cannot be accurately represented then ignore it. That would be like making balance changes by interviewing pwople at ilsh champ spawns.
LOL, I agree Stratics is not the best source, but their input is still better than anything you would get off these forums.

A majority of the people here only pvp in yew... so their entire prospective on pvp is going to be different. if someone takes a pet to a spawn you kill the pet and that person needs to leave the fight unless they have vet (which does not happen ) this community of people who post here do pvp. but most of you use exploits, scripts, un authorized programs, speed hacks and client modifications (myself included) that being said out opinion on pvp really has no credibility because we do not pvp like the game is intended.

Cady [Ptto]
the Novice Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 am

It's fucking bizarre how those cuckbitches at Stratics allow every serious PvP balance thread be derailed and the substance be fogged out of existence by the same childish assholes calling for the end of PvP altogether. The histrionic bitching being treated as if it's anything but histrionic bitching is like watching a reality TV show where they put toddlers in charge of their parents for a day, but these jackasses never box up their cameras and boom mics to call it a day and be real at home.

Fridgster, Malagaste, Lord Arm, Tyrath, Slayvite, TheDrAJ, and more. How are those snarky, disingenuous man-ass-sweat-lovers not having their posts deleted or getting violations for trolling on srs discussion? Norrington, Merlin, and the rest of the cucks, if you're reading this, fuck yourselves with a splintering kryss:/ Shit-loving fags

Cady [Ptto]
the Novice Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:33 am

Oh yea, the taming thing sucks too. The pets never seem to miss, they pull off a special on just about every hit and they are just about impossible to kill. I've killed some of these tamers and decided to go after the pet afterwards just for the hell of it... Next time I have 2+ hours to kill a pet and the player doesn't rescue his pet... yea, And I'd hafta be blazed af and have nothing better to do to even care to try and kill one of these retarded pets. Whittling down on these these 800+ hp pets while hitting them for 10hp a hit is not balanced. It's a shitshow, and running into 70-80% of people playing tamers now is just really not fun.

A lot of these Stratics goons seem to think they're owed something. Yes, a number of people have expressed that their desire is a pet that is so OP that they would never again have to worry about their solo champ spawns being raided. These dullards don't understand that all these evil PvPers are gonna show up to raid them with those same Op pets, probably better decked out for PvP than theirs' too *sigh* An unfortunate byproduct of trammel introduction was the players' political demographics changed, RL liberal-democrats found their utopia where risk/reward doesn't exist, even today though i think most players indentify as Republican/Libertarian.

Before the publish a good pvper on a tamer was a pretty tough opponent. The pets are OP af now, and there seems to be a whole lot of people out there smiling like a bunch of idiots while they're double clicking their spell icons and their pets are absolutely destroying folks.

Blazing InfernO [God]
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am

Stratics is the source of EVIL ...and corruption of the game.

Just to mention that some of the " moderators " of the site are the worst people in game. They act like good people then they rape you in game with their behaviours. They have website to sell gold etc , live out of Ultima online but their rules on stratics would not let them to do that, but they are the ones selling shit for crazy prices lol ( example lol at Nabin selling 0.25 cent per mil gold) scamming poor returning players as much as they can, they are shit to Uo society.

They sing and applaude themselves like communist do irl.

I am perma banned from that site, just because I warned the community about Sadie who was scamming people with Paypal ( I lost the majority of my shittybricks points in that occasion) and I said " scartel worst scamming guild" , they ban just the players who are doing competition vs their own moderators and clearly they did not like me cuz I pwn them in game and say the truth about them. I don't lick their asses like the majority of nubs do. Ah I got banned once also for posting a screenie of ultima with % above head, like it was a super haxor...lol...

They were praising and licking Clops and look what happened next. Retarted .

I hope I meet some of them at the reunion in Virginia so I can tell them what I think directly in their faces.

Happy Rage [FS]
the Expert Troll

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Lynk wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am

What he said

Lynk [FS]
the Moongate Journeyman

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Lol @ cadys low testosterone insult to fridgster on stratics.

Kloud [FS]
the Novice Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm just coming back after a 4 year break and man I hated tamers and pets before but what in the actual fuck happened lol. I feel like I'm fighting little super sayian wolf's that come at me outa no where. I don't see the skill in it I don't see how some one could be proud of letting a op pet get kills for you. i wouldn't get any satisfaction out of that to me personal skill means alot even tho I'm pretty bad.....lol and it's one of the main reasons I keep coming back to uo PvP there's nothing else like but the pets are just to much and you wouldn't catch me dead playing on one... end rant.....

Mr Kyrite
the Adept Flamer

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Make a discord pvper.

Tremor [HI-5]
the Novice Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm

lots of window licking going on here.

So should we bitch about LP Mages and how Splinter can go off with DP special but not disarm??

Mortal, Disarm, Running shot, and AI (for archers) have all been nerfed, with mortal and disarm having diminishing returns......all because people like you cried about it.

The only people crying are the mass of LP/Splint mages here, no one else. Oh and Blazing who can only pvp on a bush/parry/4-6chiv/spellweaver with and orc brute (that hits for 30s) and a hiyru.

Do I think a pet should be able to dismount?..... no

Do I think a pet should be able to teleport n shit?..... no

BUT do you see me crying of forums about the OP-ness of Splint/LP mages in pvp? or Bush/Parry mages?..... no.

**YOU'RE ONLY CRYING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT RIVALS YOUR TEMPLATE**

Stop fucking crying and stay off forums, you board warrior douche bags.

Cetric [FS]
the Expert Troll

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Kyrite, thats like the idiots that said "well when you fight you should run with 2-3 sampires to take care of the pets"

Only took a matter of time before one of the HI5 had to stroll in and defend their pets, because their whole damn guild is tamers now. Least you played a tamer before and have some rights to defend it and see some of the stupid shit they do as OP.
Last edited by Cetric on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Paithan
the Eldest Elder

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Tremor wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm
lots of window licking going on here.

So should we bitch about LP Mages and how Splinter can go off with DP special but not disarm??

Mortal, Disarm, Running shot, and AI (for archers) have all been nerfed, with mortal and disarm having diminishing returns......all because people like you cried about it.

The only people crying are the mass of LP/Splint mages here, no one else. Oh and Blazing who can only pvp on a bush/parry/4-6chiv/spellweaver with and orc brute (that hits for 30s) and a hiyru.

Do I think a pet should be able to dismount?..... no

Do I think a pet should be able to teleport n shit?..... no

BUT do you see me crying of forums about the OP-ness of Splint/LP mages in pvp? or Bush/Parry mages?..... no.

**YOU'RE ONLY CRYING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT RIVALS YOUR TEMPLATE**

Stop fucking crying and stay off forums, you board warrior douche bags.
I play an LP splinter mage.. and I think it needs nerfed. I don't think splinter should ever go off with another special. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Pets are obviously OP in current form. There is no getting around it.

Right now you sound like blazing did when he tried to defend holy fist being 50 damage and not able to disrupt.. an absolute joke. :lol:

Crunch [EVO]
the Posting Master

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Maybe they should make UO f2p until we get out of these fucking beta releases. I feel jipped out of my 12.99 when half of my game experience is dealing with shit that should have never been in production. Ridiculous when people who run shards on donations are superior to paid developers.

JangSith
the Forum Neophyte

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Why stop at just taming? This game is full of shit that is overpowered.

Give 30 SDI back to focused mages, you pretty much removed any incentive at all for mages to be focused by raising the max sdi for mages with Necro, Mystic etc, and lowering focused mages to 25, like who the fuck thought that stupid shit up? The main purpose was to nerd focused parry mages, which you did by making "parry" non-focused. The increase to 20 for non focused was good, and encouraged new templates, but lowering 30 to 20 for focused was straight retarded. FIX FOCUSED MAGES.

On the topic of focused templates, why don't melees get non-focused nerfs? Why don't Bush/Ninjas get 20% taken off their damage caps? Nerf that nerve/deathstrike combo please, it's a bit overpowered. FIX FOCUSED MELEES.

Fix Thunderstorm, no spell should be that fast, while being instant damage and AoE, and go through walls. FIX THUNDERSTORM.

Fix Splinter, it should not go off at the same time as any special move, as OP as it is. Make splinter cost mana, like Bone Breaker at the very least. But really, it shouldn't go off with another special period, it's just wayyyyy OP. FIX SPLINTER.

Fix 4/6 Chiv healing, cap it at 2/6. Chiv healing/remove curse as it is is ridiculous. FIX 4/6 CHIV.

Fix teleport rings. These should have to be equipped to be used, very simple. Being able to click an item and teleport with no chance of being interrupted is OP. These were discontinued for a reason. If they're still gonna be used, at least make it so they need to be equipped to be used, there should be some trade off. FIX TELEPORT RINGS.

Fix invisibility items, give them a cool down timer, or like invis potions, a slight pause between use and effect. As with teleport rings, these are discontinued for a reason, and are only used by a very small group of people that can afford to [and do] buy and stockpile all they can find. FIX INVIS ITEMS.

Exc-
the Forum Neophyte

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Nerf the pets that have started the leveling process(in pvp only). If a pet has not started the training process leave it alone and do no reduction to pvp on them. They never caused problems before all the new stuff came into play. Plus it would actually make dreads somewhat worth what people paid to have a rare pet again. There wasn't many tamers that still played that was really considered much of a threat until the new leveling system. Now you can take anyone in the game give them a pet and they can do pretty much anything.

Sweet I am
the Grandmaster Typist

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 pm

UO pest is far superior in every way why people continue to even try to play here makes me lol.

Tremor [HI-5]
the Novice Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

I wasn't playing during the whole 47 damage uninterruptable holy fist, but I can only imagine how stupid it was. I do think pets need to be toned down, but some of these twats need to realize not everyone wants to play the same fucking template.... a Spinter LP Mage. What's always made UO fun was, the diversity in templates....

My finals thoughts....

Pets shouldn't dismount.
Pets shouldn't teleport n shit when they are skilled with Magery Mastery on them.
Pets shouldn't have over 120 in ANY skill, Mainly resists (those gay fucking snakes)
I agree with slayers, but don't add any new or adjust the A.I. dmg to them in "PVP" (keep cap @ 35). If we remove the AI cap on pets in pvp, you'd one shot any non-tamer pet... aka Lesser Hiyrus.